The ten-week winter session begins January 6-12 and ends March 10-16 with the exception of classes in Centerville and Circle Pines where we have an eight-week session that begins January 31 and ends March 28. There are no days off in the winter session, not even the Mondays of MLK Day and Presidents' Day.
Registration for the Winter 2018 Session
Registration for classes for which you can register directly on this website opens November 20. Many of our Parks and Recreation and Community Education partners process registrations for our classes on their own websites. Following are the dates that these organizations open registration:
Apple Valley Community Ed: Open
Apple Valley Parks and Rec: Open
Centerville: Dec 1
Circle Pines: Dec 1
Cottage Grove: Open
Jordan: Dec 6
St Paul - Martin Luther King Rec Center: Open
Stillwater: Dec 4
Fall, Winter and Spring 10-week Sessions
- $183 for the first registered child in a family.
- $99 for additional siblings 8 months or older. Infants under 8 months attend free with a registered sibling. Infants registered on their own pay the $183 fee. We love having infants in class!
Summer 8-week Session--and for the 8-week session in Circle Pines and Centerville
- $149 for the first registered child in a family.
- $79 for additional siblings 8 months or older.
- All infants are welcomed with open arms because we know that they learn a tremendous amount from class.
- Studies show that even newborns can discern minute differences in melody!
- Infant siblings under 8 months on the first day of a session attend at no cost, space permitting.
- We allow up to two infant auditors in each class.
- To qualify for this status, an infant must be a sibling of a registered, paying child.
- Please include your infant’s name and birth date on the registration form.
- Infants that do not have an older sibling registered pay full tuition--and we love having them in class!
- There is a one-time-only registration fee of $15 for families new to Music Together in the Valley. This fee is waived in our Parks & Recreation and Community Education locations.
- Refunds will be given only if requested at least one week prior to the first day of the session (not the first day of your class but the first day of the session) in which you are enrolled.
- Credit toward future sessions may be issued in exceptional circumstances such as family emergencies.
- For classes at Parks and Recreation and/or Community Education locations, their refund policies apply.
Tuition for Mixed-Age Classes Includes
- Ten weekly 45-minute classes (eight during summer session).
- Two professionally-recorded CDs of the class activities—songs, rhythm chants, ‘play along’ music and tonal/rhythm patterns and a code to digitally download these same materials.
- A corresponding illustrated songbook with great ideas for musical play at home.
- Music Together® at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically, a DVD with an accompanying booklet for families new to the program.
- Parent education to help parents and caregivers better understand and enhance their children’s music development.
- Growing and Learning with Music Together, a chart that helps you understand and support your child's journey to basic music competency.
- Families are welcome to make up any classes missed.
- You are welcome to attend any class at any location, provided there is space.
- We have an online make-up scheduler. Please see Schedule a Make-up in the Enrolled Families menu.
Spring 2018 Session begins March 24-30, 2018 with the Triangle Song Collection
Summer 2018 Session begins June 16-22, 2018