Summer Session classes begin Saturday, June 17 through June 23 and run for 8 weeks with the exception of classes in Stillwater which begin June 21 and run for 7 weeks. No classes at Metro Dance in Shoreview on August 2 so the last class will be August 23.
Registration for the Fall 2017 Session Opens August 1 for Many Locations
Registration for classes for which you can register directly on this website opens August 1. Many of our Parks and Recreation and Community Education partners process registrations for our classes on their own websites. Following are the dates that these organizations open registration:
Apple Valley Parks and Rec—TBA
Apple Valley: Dist 196 Community Ed—Opens August 15
Burnsville Community Ed—Registration is already open
Centennial School District Community Ed—Opens August 1
South Washington County Community Ed—Opens July 24
Lakeville Community Ed—Opens August 1
St Paul Parks and Rec—TBA
Stillwater Community Ed—Opens August 1
WBL Community Ed—Opens August 1
Woodbury Parks and Rec—Opens August 2
Fall, Winter and Spring 10-week Sessions
- $183 for the first registered child in a family.
- $99 for additional siblings 8 months or older. Infants under 8 months attend free with a registered sibling. Infants registered on their own pay the $183 fee. We love having infants in class!
Summer 8-week Session--and for the Fall 8-week session in Circle Pines and Centerville
- $149 for the first registered child in a family.
- $79 for additional siblings 8 months or older.
- All infants are welcomed with open arms because we know that they learn a tremendous amount from class.
- Studies show that even newborns can discern minute differences in melody!
- Infant siblings under 8 months on the first day of a session attend at no cost, space permitting.
- We allow up to two infant auditors in each class.
- To qualify for this status, an infant must be a sibling of a registered, paying child.
- Please include your infant’s name and birth date on the registration form.
- Infants that do not have an older sibling registered pay full tuition--and we love having them in class!
- There is a one-time-only registration fee of $15 for families new to Music Together in the Valley. This fee is waived in our Parks & Recreation and Community Education locations.
- Refunds will be given only if requested at least one week prior to the first day of the session (not the first day of your class but the first day of the session) in which you are enrolled.
- Credit toward future sessions may be issued in exceptional circumstances such as family emergencies.
- For classes at Parks and Recreation and/or Community Education locations, their refund policies apply.
Tuition for Mixed-Age Classes Includes
- Ten weekly 45-minute classes (eight during summer session).
- Two professionally-recorded CDs of the class activities—songs, rhythm chants, ‘play along’ music and tonal/rhythm patterns and a code to digitally download these same materials.
- A corresponding illustrated songbook with great ideas for musical play at home.
- Music Together® at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically, a DVD with an accompanying booklet for families new to the program.
- Parent education to help parents and caregivers better understand and enhance their children’s music development.
- Growing and Learning with Music Together, a chart that helps you understand and support your child's journey to basic music competency.
- Families are welcome to make up any classes missed.
- You are welcome to attend any class at any location, provided there is space.
- We have an online make-up scheduler. Please see Schedule a Make-up in the Enrolled Families menu.
Fall 2017 Session begins September 16 with the Bongos Song Collection
Winter 2018 Session begins January 6 with the Bells Song Collection
Spring 2018 Session begins March 31 with the Triangle Song Collection